Tuesday, October 6, 2009

An Introduction

Global Warming is an issue we hear much about in the news. Is it a big deal? Or is it not really important? This debate goes on in the world. Some people worry that global warming will cause the end of the world like it did in the movie The Day After Tomorrow. If the end of the world is coming, well, the whole world needs to be aware and do something to stop this.

Three years ago, I did a research paper on global warming. I started out using sources that showed the same mainstream information that most people know about with carbon dioxide being the main cause and how it is put there. However, after I had written that version of my paper I interviewed one of the founders of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Charles Hosler, over the phone. After I got off the phone with him I was utterly shocked at what he had told me. Everything that I had been taught in schools about global warming was now shown to me as a lie. I had to do more research on this. Looking at a few more interviews I did with other knowledgeable people that I knew, and researching the internet, I found that what Mr. Hosler had told me seemed to be true. I then had to trash my original paper and start over from scratch.

So now you are probably thinking “What was it that he found that changed his views so much.” Well, what I found was that global warming is a COMPLETELY NATURAL PROCESS. One of the first things Mr. Hosler told me was that ninety-five percent of greenhouse gases were water vapor.

To some, this may seem unbelievable. Thinking that most of what we have been told about global warming is a lie. If some random stranger had come up to me and said that, there is no way I would have believed it. However, a founder of the EPA was quite convincing. So I hope that this blog will be looked on with an open mind while I once again explore the depths of global warming.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting what you know out there straight up. Although I knew some global warming was natural, I was shocked to learn that 95% of greenhouse gas is water vapor. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green is Good:
    I was also shocked when I found out about water vapor because I had never heard about it being a factor either. And I too look foward to reading your blog because I know that there are some parts of global warming that I need to research more and I am hopeful that your blog will help me in doing so.

    ReplyDelete